Sarah Churcher is a photographer and friend. She takes beautiful images through the lens and from behind the lens make you smile with her good heart and lovely sense of humour.
Sarah was one of the first friends I made in Melbourne and she has helped me greatly by providing me with some beautoful photgraphs for my portfolio. She is a Kiwi of Origin but a Melbournian at heart.
Learn more about her wonderful photography, her love of New Zealand and her new home in Oz.
- Name: Sarah Churcher
- Occupation: Photographer
- Country of Residence: Australia
- Country of Origin: New Zealand
- email/contact/ website:
0423 281 324
- Why do you love Travel?
I love to see and photograph new things in new light. I think travel is vitally important to our growth as human beings. I wish I could do more travel, to be a Travel Photographer is an ultimate dream of mine!
- Favourite place in your home country and why?
My favourite place in New Zealand is Wanaka – in Central Otago. There is nothing better than being surrounded by the stunning landscape with a glass of local wine in hand! Balmy nights…live music ….Wanaka is simply breath taking!
- Best place for tourists to visit in your country?
Central Otago – Wanaka and Queensland! Stunning, and so much to do! John Travolta did say “If God lived on Earth, he’d live in Queenstown”
- What other country would you live in if you had to leave your country?
I have already left my home country and live in Oz…if I had to leave here I fancy myself somewhere along the shores of Italy. Who doesn’t!
- Best travelling experience anecdote in your own country?
We went whale watching off Kaikoura and not only were we surrounded by two whales but also a pod of over 500 dolphins! Completely stunned by our experience on the way back to shore the engines were suddenly turned off and two hector dolphins swam past. Felt like a dream! It was unbelievable!
- Favourite activity when around your city?
In Melbourne it’s hard to select one particular favourite! The beach, the shows, the exhibitions, the laneways, the bars, the restaurants…
- Do you feel you know your country well, or is more exploring of your homeland needed?
New Zealand – very well! Australia needs much more exploring!
- Any warnings for travellers visiting in your country?
Visiting NZ – dress warmly.
- Must see movie featuring your country and Why?
Obvious answer, sorry! Lord of the Rings. Or how about The Piano – also a goodie!
- The best book to read before visiting your country?
Lost in New Zealand by Craig Potton
- The must eat dish or delicacy of your country?
Any seafood! Bluff oysters! Hockey pockey ice cream! Watties tomato sauce! YUM
17. The top three sayings to make travellers stay in your country easier? E.g. How much? Too expensive or Hello.
Not sayings so much as words you should know!
Esky = Chilly bin
Togs = swim suit
Thong = Jandle (this is an important one – thongs mean g-strings in NZ!)
- Best time of year to visit?
Different benefits to going all year round!
- The 4 words that best describe your country:
Picturesque, mountainous, relaxed … perfect