Melbourne is now my home! I moved here two years ago and I love exploring my own city. In that time I’ve probably been away for about 6 months of that time if not more with 2 x 2 month overseas trips, week long trips to Sydney, other parts of Australia and overseas. When I am here – I love embracing the arts that this city has to offer and indulging in the many wonderful cuisines offered at great restaurants and bars around the city.
Here is my list of activities and things you can do while visiting for a week. There is a lot more on offer but in a week, I think this will keep you rather busy.
Things to do in Melbourne:
– Arts Centre – plays
– Shopping on Chapel Street
– St Kilda Beach and Luna Park
– National Gallery- Monet exhibition
– Melbourne Aquarium – baby penguins there for another 6 months until they are all grown up!
– Draculas – Theatre dinner restaurant (This is a MUST – dinner and show. Very famous!!)
– Eureka Skydeck – 89 floors, view of Melbourne – you could also have a wonderful meal there, 5 course degustation menu. www.eurekaskydeck.com.au/
– Great Ocean Road = 2 days
– Phillip Island – 1 day, drive there and back. Penguin parade and animal park
– Rooftop Bar
– Shrine of Rememberence – War memorial
– River cruise on the Yarra River through the city.
– River boat to Williamstown for Fish and chips.
– AFL Match at the MCG – or stadium tour.
I think this should be more than enough for one week!
If you are up for the Dinners, you should book these in advance so you don’t miss out.
Enjoy my city! There is so so much to do here!