You know it’s time to dust off the travelling shoes and start planning the next trip when your favourite destination is popping up in your dreams.
The other night I was dreaming about being in India with my Indian family. In their home, in my Indian sisters room. Laughing together. Enjoying the sites and taking in the sounds. I really felt as if I was there! The best part, My mum was there too! She got to experience the country I love so much.
India is a country that engulfs you. You don’t see things in India, you feel them. You don’t smell the flowers, your senses are awoken. It really is a place that once experienced, never leaves you.
I cannot speak more highly of this incredibly diverse country and I cannot wait to get back there.
Some of my favourite things, that I truly miss right now:
- Sailing in Bombay in front of the magnificent Taj Mahal
- Tasting the sweetness of Gulab jamun
- Laughing with the people
- Thanking the people for their kindness, Dhan ya vad
- Cooling off with a Kulfi
- Sampling the spices of Goa
- Roaming the grounds of the Taj Mahal
- Late night Butter Chicken Roti Roll
- Dancing Bangra style at the Sangeet
- Smiling, laughing and crying tears of Joy!
- Wearing a Sari and feeling like a queen
- Eating amazing Lobster Curry at Apoorva
- Viewing Jaipur from the Amber Fort
- Patting an Elephant in the Streets of Agra
- Watching the Sunset over the Gateway of India, Mumbai
So check it out:
I didnt know you could sail infront of the Taj Mahal…now I really have to go!
Haha I think I have confused you there.
We were sailing in the bay in front of the Taj Mahal Hotel in Bombay. Not the actual Taj.
I guess you could take a boat out the back of the real Taj as there is a body of water there, but I don’t think it generally is like that.
I still must write my other post about my second visit! Thanks for reminding me